Saturday 24 November 2012

Tribes - People who are in peace with themselves

There was a time in my life I looked down on anybody who didn't procure a Western education, eat western food, speak western language, wear western style of clothing.....


 Thus, Non European people didn't seem to have all together.. This bull shit was forced fed to me during my younger years up until I started college.. Now, I am looking at people who are living in their natural habitat.. I say to myself, "these people are in peace with themselves".. They get everything they need from nature.. They are indeed smart and cultivated people..

Humanism is buried so deeply in the African psyche that though the raping and pillaging of the African continent in the wake of the slave trade, colonialism, western expansionism and Christian and Islamic evangelism have left contemporary Africa surely wounded, these forces have not succeeded in destroying the humanistic world view of Africans. African communalism is here offered An Ethic of Sustainable Development an alternative axiology to the men and women who today hunger and taste for meaning, who want progress in all regions of human endeavour. This humanism speaks of human development as the promotion of the good of people, every person and the whole person.

~Pawol ginen pou zanzet nou yo. Afriken se L'ymanite'

No comments:

Post a Comment